- Have you thought about how scanning existing conditions can tie into your retrofit and renovation projects, saving time and preventing rework?
- Does the thought of making sense of millions of scanned points seem daunting?
Scanning Overview in 90 seconds:
How We Can Help:
- Utilizing the power of big-data computing, you will now have the power to slice through point clouds to create drawings, transform point clouds to 3D scalable diagrams and even monitor steel deflection.
- You will be able to scan a floor flatness for level and make all of the needed adjustments prior to interior framing.
- When new construction projects have a detailed BIM, you can overlay the point cloud generated by BuildingPoint’s laser scanning with the existing conditions to identify discrepencies and gaps.
Video: Introduction to Laser Scanning (8 minutes) from BuildingPoint Florida.
What Is a Point Cloud? (from Trimble Constructible)
If you’re taking a 3D laser scan of your site’s as-is condition and turning that information into a 3D CAD model to estimate, detail, or make renovations to MEP projects, you might wonder what a point cloud is. To understand a point cloud, it’s important to learn how it’s created in the first place.
It actually takes three steps to get a site from scan to model. >>Read more from Trimble Constructible>>